Queen’s Colour (orig. – 1892), Silk with gold cords. Union Jack with falcon over XLVIII (48) – Fringed. Wooden staff (corded) topped by crown on top of which is a lion (crowned).
The 48th Highlanders’ first Stand of Colours was made by the Ladies of Toronto and presented by Lord Stanley of Preston, the Governor General of Canada, at a ceremonial parade on the grounds of the University of Toronto on 24 May 1892. A Stand of Colours consists of the Sovereign’s Colour and the Regimental Colour.
The second and third stands of Colours hang in the chancel of St. Andrew’s Church, in which our museum is located. The fourth stand is carried today by the active regiment. The first stand was retired on 24 May 1925 and the second on 1 July 1959. The third was retired on 18 May 1991.