On card: “Bandsman Forage Cap worn by members of the Military Band during night concerts using a carbide lamp attachment”
(Carries 48th Buckle Badge with red patch behind centre)
One of a complete collection of regimental headdress with the exception of the feather bonnet (accessioned elsewhere in museum). The original Glengarry from 1892 is still standard to the present day only construction materials have changed. The Balmoral style headdress was introduced in 1914 to regimental service and only construction materials have changed.