Original pattern Glengarry 1892 (Sgt. H. Rose?)
note the leather binding and the distinctive black patch behind the badge; Red felt behind badge centre.
One of a complete collection of regimental headdress with the exception of the feather bonnet (present elsewhere in the museum). The original Glengarry from 1892 is still standard to the present day only construction materials have changed. The Balmoral style headdress was introduced in 1914 to regimental service and only construction materials have changed.