48th subscription, funds towards building of the Regimental Memorial – Invitation and Subscription ticket. The 48th Highlanders Memorial is located at the north end of Queen’s Park Circle. It was designed by Brigadier (Captain in 1923) Eric Haldenby, MC, partner in the architectural firm Mathers and Haldenby. It was opened on Nov 11 1923 with the 48th Highlanders, and Old Comrades, marching to the memorial for the opening service. Attendance by citizens of Toronto exceeded 25000 people.